Tomorrow is the Blog Pledge Class for November posting day...so make sure your name is on the list if you want your blog or a blog you like featured. Just send me the link and a brief description and I'll post the blog!
Also, I haven't got a topic up for the Hump Day for next week. Feel free to send me suggestions. In fact, keep in my mind that you can send topic suggestions any time.
It has been pointed out to me that I should mention this:
You do have to go to the Blogger Choice Awards and register to vote (if you choose to vote). It's a fairly easy and painless process. If you right click on the badges above, and open a new tab or window, then it should take you to the spot to vote. Just make sure you log in.
I'll admit it: this is very cool and an honor, and any vote will be a nice feeling. Thank you.
I got tagged for two memes. Lori at Spinning Yellow tagged me for the 7 Facts meme and the Queen of the Mayhem tagged me to love myself nonsensically through the Alphabet List.
You know me...it's got to have a twist. So the 7 facts will be six true things and one lie. You tell me which is the lie. I'll try to make it relatively easy, and I'll keep to a bit of a theme.
1. I met Stevie Ray Vaughn, Charlie Sexton and Jimmie Vaughn in a bar once. It was after they'd played a local gig, and we shot some pool and then they took out guitars and sang a couple of songs.
2. I was That Girl who leapt up on stage with a band once, overcome by my adoration of their music. The kindly lead singer took pity on my blatant fanhood and let me stay up there with him and sing a song.
3. I chatted with Sarah MacLachlan over margaritas after a small venue performance early on in her career. I'd never heard of her before that performance (although my date had) and I was very taken by her singing ability. She graciously received my accolade and tolerated my questions about her inspiration.
4. I sat in on a recording session by Garth Brooks. I also "sat in on" his rehearsal before a sold out concert. In that case it meant outside the room; he's got stage fright and is nervous so rehearsals are closed to other people.
5. My best friend from elementary school and I reunited later to perform a rousing duet on piano and viola of "Brian's Song" that moved one judge to tears and won us the top competitor's honor for that year. Having achieved that pinnacle, I quit music entirely.
6. Both my husband and I have near perfect pitch hearing, which has been passed to our children, who were able to distinguish notes and tunes from a very early age. However, they also both inherited our completely off-pitch voices, which is sad considering that they also inherited composition ability from both gene pools, too.
7. My first concert was to Bruce Springsteen and was involuntary. My dad won tickets and sent me and my sister alone. We were both so young he had to drive us, drop us, and pick us up. We were not the same girls he dropped off when he picked us up. We returned knowing a lot about marijuana, sex, the state of Bruce's marriage (at the time), and we never said a word about any of it to either parent.
I am short on time for the alphabet thing so let's just hammer it out:
C- Critical thinker
D- Dynamic (stolen from Heather and it works)
E- Eloquent (also stolen from Heather and it works, too)
H- Helpful (also stolen, also appropriate...by the way, Heather and I took some Facebook Quiz and got similar enough to be the same difference...see why I can just keep lifting from her? LOL)
M- More than a little feisty
P- Peaceful (there is a flip side to the feisty)
T- Tall (also stolen, also appropriate)
U- Unique (stolen again, still on target)
X- X means experimental
I tag: Melissa at Taking What is Left, Yolanda at Callipygian Chronicles, Christine at Running on Empty, Angela at Mommy Bytes, Cerebralmum, Professor J, and Michele at the Squawkery...to say hello to new friends and thanks to older friends. It's nice to know you and I look forward to learning more through the memes!
(Pay attention that Old and New friend thing because one is Silver and the other is Gold...which just might be a rhapsody on a theme of blog exchange coming up this Saturday.)
I also pass along the Thank You award that Angela kindly gave me:
to each of the tagged above (and yes, I know that means a couple of you get it twice, but I may as well tag AND say thanks!)
Copyright 2007 Julie Pippert
Also blogging at:
Using My Words
Julie Pippert REVIEWS: Get a real opinion about BOOKS, MUSIC and MORE
Julie Pippert RECOMMENDS: A real opinion about HELPFUL and TIME-SAVING products
Moms Speak Up: Talking about the environment, dangerous imports, health care, food safety, media and marketing, education, politics and many other hot topics of concern.