Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It is because I love you that I tell you this


Ping, grand chancellor (Bass), Pang, grand purveyor (Tenor), and Pong, grand cook (Tenor) from Act 2 Scene 1 of the opera Turandot by Giacomo Puccini, This is from the 2002 coproduction of the Mariinski Theatre St. Petersburg and the Festpielhaus Baden-Baden. In my youth, the only ping was table tennis or Puccini's opera.

One simple word to show my deep, abiding and loyal love for you:

Ping-O-Matic

When you post, please ping. I know Technorati is a fickle mistress, so I understand your disdain and distrust. (However, they assure me via impersonal note that they are "upgrading spiders" tonight.)

But Ping-O-Matic...this is a third party, and hits multiple spiders.

If you post then ping? I get an adorable little notice, almost as cute as You've Got Mail!

I know, it's not all about me, but this benefits far and beyond me, honestly.

Con mucho gusto, Julio Down By the Schoolyard


copyright 2007 Julie Pippert

15 comments:

Christine said...

ok did it! but that is no guarantee that i did it right and i am not sure it will work. but i tried, just for you babe!

Mary-LUE said...

As you wish!

Karen said...

i like anything that calls -o-matic!

slouching mom said...

But what if we already ping Technorati?

liv said...

hon, I've been having trouble even with the manual pinging for over a week now. the whole technorati system seems FUBAR.

***

oh, Turnadot! my fave! ever.

jen said...

you are generous and savvy friend and co-conspirator.

flutter said...

oh for the love of ping! ;)

atypical said...

I was never much good at ping pong. And, as an introvert, won't pinging give me an anxiety attack?

See what you've started? Now I need cookies.

;)

-t

Emily said...

My question is the same as SMs.

atypical -- I always need cookies.

On a different note, can you tell me what "Me and Julio" is about? I love the song, always have, but haven't the faintest clue what they are talking about.

Also, not to brag, but I went to their last two reunion concerts. It was the highlight of my life both times.

kim said...

I'll try, but I am hopeless at all of this.

You know if you or anyone else would like to give a quicky idiots guide to blogging, the idiots would be most grateful.

Christine said...

emily--because wikipedia is all knowing and cannot be argued with i found this for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_and_Julio_Down_By_the_Schoolyard

Julie Pippert said...

Kim can I link to your blog for Snoskred?

kim said...

Sure.

Magpie said...

Why doesn't it ping Bloglines?

I think Bloglines is wonky like Technorati.

What's better than Bloglines? I think I don't love it anymore.

Lawyer Mama said...

I will ping. My bloglines seems to take forever and a day to update sometimes. I just put up a new post 2 hours ago & it's still not showing in bloglines. I will try the ping.