Monday, January 21, 2008

This (white) American Life, Part II...with the actual podcast

In my first post of the day, I endeavored to recreate a broadcast from This American Life from an old memory. I'd tried to find it through various searches but was unsuccessful. And so i wrote what I recalled, which was the gist, if not exact.

However, luckily SciFi Dad is a better searcher than I am and he found the exact piece I meant. Thanks!

Please, have a's an amazing story. A thousand times more powerful than what I tried to recreate.

Copyright 2007 Julie Pippert
Also blogging at:
Using My Words
Julie Pippert REVIEWS: Get a real opinion about BOOKS, MUSIC and MORE
Julie Pippert RECOMMENDS: A real opinion about HELPFUL and TIME-SAVING products
Moms Speak Up: Talking about the environment, dangerous imports, health care, food safety, media and marketing, education, politics and many other hot topics of concern.


Suz said...

I've been listening to TAL for years and years and years and years. I wish I got to my computer earlier today because I could have told you where to find the podcast. Also, if you miss TAL, pick up the stream from I doubt I could work without it!

painted maypole said...

thanks for sharing this

TwoSquareMeals said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. I'll hold onto that one.

FENICLE said...

I had to catch up, but thank you for sharing. Very special indeed.