I'm just going to jump right in with all my Round Tuits here so bear with me as I do my Linear List Thing.
Edited to add 0, the number before 1.
0. The Hump Day Hmm for next week. In order to placate my sister who says she's tired of me frying her brain every week (Girlfriend joined the JUNIOR LEAGUE...and she accuses ME of frying HER brain. KIDDING, hon. You know it. I'm all into the Sugarplum Fairy Sell-a-thon and crap next month.) I'm going a bit lighter next week. Take a topic, any topic, something that is weighing on you, bothering you, troubling you...and find the humor in it. Write about it from a humorous angle. It can be general or personal, just take a troubling topic and bring out the humor. FWIW, sarcasm counts. Letter style, onion style, Shakespeare style, prose, any style you want.
1. MiscMum all the way in Australia sent me a Perfect Post Award from the other side of the world. How cool is that! MiscMum, I am so flattered you thought my Kindergarten Orientation was worthy. I appreciate it. Thank you.
For the other Perfect Posts this month, check out that funny and eloquent suburban mom and the queen of Petroville.
2. Speaking of Queens, the Queen of the Mayhem, that wonderfully hilarious, real, and grab you by the heart blogger awarded me the Nice Matters award. Christine, that wonderful big-hearted intelligent blogger did too. An embarrassingly long time ago. I am humbled and grateful, truly. Thank you both. And...although it might be a little ironic now, all things considered, I just want to remind you, my friends, that there are no takesie backsies. :)
3. At the same time, the amazing Kyla on The Journey (and I can't help thinking that if I'd been that cool at her age, I'd be rich and famous by now, or something even better than that, LOL) awarded me this:
Thank you, my friend. And remember, no takesie backsies.
(I feel like I've lost something...did I forget one, or another? I can't tell you how sick I feel worrying about that. It's been an epidemic for me lately. If I did forget, tell me. I'll be prostrate to the guilt instead of the higher mind, I swear.)
Okay the absolutely fantastic thing here is that by virtue of having two of these, I get to pass them along to a lot of people.
Mary-LUE of Life, the Universe and Everything. She's nice to me, but oh I know the many ways this woman reaches out and touches others, too. She's thoughtful. And I hope to be like her when I grow up.
Jo at Life with Heathens. Even though we have more or less the same disease (which means I know how tough days can be sometimes) this woman keeps thinking of ways to do good for others, too. And she reached out to me, to be a support system right when I really needed one.
Okay, this is going to get long and time-consuming for us all. So let's just do a list, and I want to say that each person on this list is getting this for reaching out recently, and showing a good example of how nice matters.
Catherine (Lyrical Catherine)
Lawyermama (for obvious reasons, and she knows very well the rest)
My awesome friend and author, Gina, at Meet My Brother
Jeff (from the cloud)
That Borneochica, what's her name, the one whose rear end I am always kissing? (LOL)
Kim, post-modern Cinderella with a snazzy new look
What? That's all? But...I'm not done yet...
Listen, you're on my blog list, you know I think you rock. I'll get your award to you by name sooner.
And now, this award feels a little like a yoke around my neck, considering my new motto of "No More Ms. Nice Guy" and all...
3. Thank goodness you are still here reading! I'm not done yet! Go check out the Hump Day Hmm post because I just this morning added three new links. You don't want to miss these! It's Gwen, BubandPie and Magpie Musing. I know, I know...see what I mean? (And I want everyone to know...I'm totally okay with the fact that you guys outclass and outdo me every week, seriously, totally okay...I only weep in my closet for like half an hour, tops.)
4. But I'm here, not in my closet weeping, and in some part that's due to the Internet. It rocks out loud, and if the past three points in this list haven't convinced you, let me apply economic theory to explain to you why we all love this place so much and spend so much time in it.
Teaser: Support and sympathy can understandably be in short supply in daily life. If I find myself impatient with my own lingering problems, I can only imagine how my friends---with equally full and busy lives---run out of top priority space for my issues. It's no surprise then that sympathy runs out or is distracted before need ends. The Internet offers an unending supply of near-endless support. But that's not the only reason I turn to it for friendship...
(See how I am done with nice, look what I am about to do to you...sorry in advance.) Go read what all I wrote at BlogRhet... I promise it won't be as boring as that dry professor of economics you snoozed through in college. Economics is FUN! Interesting! Exciting...especially when I abuse it. Hehehehehe
4. Patience is doing well in kindergarten, so far. Her teacher (yesterday) said Patience has even begun speaking to her, and answering questions in class! Wow! We know all about the substitute and are thrilled with her so far. Patience even took $1.75 and bought her lunch in the lunch line. She was too thrilled with herself (and I felt the same). In fact, it was the first thing she reported to me, "Mom! Mom! I went through the lunch line and got JELLO!" As you might guess, no jello in this house.
5. I'm not done with this appliance situation. Thanks to ALL of you with your ideas, support and comments. Keep them coming, please!! This won't be me:
Copyright 2007 Julie Pippert
Also blogging at:
Using My Words
Julie Pippert REVIEWS: Get a real opinion about BOOKS, MUSIC and MORE
Julie Pippert RECOMMENDS: A real opinion about HELPFUL and TIME-SAVING products
About-HOUSTON-TX.com: HOT scoop about H-Town!