I know it's easy to attribute things to someone who is no longer here. But I miss my cat. *She* would have understood. Yes, I'm still wallowing in my turtle mode. But I think I know why: sick.
In the absence of anything good to say, I will---instead of being quiet---take on the tag challenge my Zama friend set me.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago...1996. After having been packed off to Hell by the economy, my husband and I were traveling the US and throwing darts at maps (not really, that'd be too random for us LOL) looking for somewhere more *us* to live.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
One year ago I decided to not return to the work world in the traditional sense, and I began seriously pursuing photography, not just as a hobby, but as a business. I had a three year old and a newborn and should probably have been committed, but instead people supported me. Thank goodness.
Five snacks I enjoy (Thanks E for making my typing easier here)
3. Wheat crackers (with above)
5. Raw veggies
Five songs to which I know all the lyrics
1. Paper Moon
2. A Little Bit is Better Than Nada
4. Anything by Stevie Ray
5. Tainted Love
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire (again, thanks E for the typing saver!)
1. Home improvement list. The whole thing.
2. Build an apartment over the garage and get an au pair/nanny.
3. Hire that caterer who will make me dinners for a week (and the other meals too, if I want)
4. Travel the world. Starting with Asia.
5. Start a humanitarian/philanthropic organization. In my case, this is My Grandmother's House---a refuge for women and children on hard times.
Five bad habits
1. I hate to floss.
2. My emotions go to irritation and anger way too often, when those aren't really the right emotions anyway.
3. I think more of others than myself, sometimes not in the right way.
4. I think food will help me feel better.
5. I nag.
Five things I like doing
3. Watching documentaries/learning
5. Floating on a pool, reading, with no worries. I'ts been...hmm close to 20 years since I did this.
Five things I would never wear, buy or get new again
1. Narrow high heels or shoes that don't feel okay.
2. Expensive kiddy toys.
3. A crib.
4. Big plastic earrings.
5. Flavored lip gloss.
Five favorite toys
1. My camera
3. The Internet
5. Caller ID
So here’s the deal: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot
So, it’s come down to this
All Hail Suburbia!
Ravin Picture Maven
I'll tag others...
But who has been tagged and not?
Musings by Jacqui?