Skip to main content

Break me down into little visual categories

I'm back in town and haven't had Internet access since last Friday, which was surprisingly fine (although I'm sure it will hit me once I start surfing and see how much I missed).

I realize I've had the same post (oh! the horrors!) up boring you all for days and days.

So, considering that, then admitting I've only got a bunch of uncompleted drafts and nothing at all final, but wanting something fresh and new, I give you visual DNA.

Thanks to OmegaMom who tuned me into this.



Also...I got some really interesting comments about the justice and forgiveness question Mary gave me in the interview.

Would anybody be interested in selecting a specific day or week and posting in a roudtable about justice, forgiveness, how they work together, which is more essential, etc?

Let me know!

P.S. If I owe you a reply here or via email I will be in touch soon, I promise. :)

copyright 2007 Julie Pippert

Comments

Gwen said…
Hmm ... you might could perhaps possibly entice me to discuss justice and forgiveness. Maybe.

I'm very decisive. I think it's my best quality, really. How about you?

:)
Bones said…
My best quality is humility. I really pride myself on it.
thailandchani said…
Forgiveness and justice, eh? Well, that should be an interesting topic!

:)


Peace,

~Chani
Kyla said…
I've been busy and am just now catching up on my blog reading, so you didn't bore me at all! :) Of course, KayTar has checking your blog every night for a new post...she read it once and she keeps coming back. *lol*
Unknown said…
I did this a couple of weeks ago and I didn't agree with my description at all. I need to try again. I'm sure I answered the questions wrong! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurant Trauma in Texas: How eating out prompted a really uncomfortable lesson about culture

WARNING: This is NOT a family-friendly post, aka the warning I WISH I'd gotten yesterday before I walked in. Yesterday was a Holiday. I hope you heard the scare quotes around that. Yeah, when you are an adult here is how holidays work: you, same workload as always, kids WOO HOO NO SCHOOL FREEDOM. Do the equation. The result is the day I had yesterday. If math isn't your strong suit I'm pretty sure you can still add that up but just in case let's say the highlight of the afternoon included me dumping out the mismatched sock basket and telling the children to have at it, in a way very reminiscent of Miss Hannigan of Annie . Anyway luckily I've taught my kids that Chores are Fun! and they had a good time. Later, I cranked up the fun-o-meter on a bank errand by dropping in the Halloween store to check out costumes, and upped the ante on "Mom needs new running shoes" by tacking on a "Hey let's eat out at a restaurant!" My husband was able to join ...

First it was cocktails and now it's marijuana?

Oh wouldn't Meredith Vieira love to get her graspy judgmental paws on this one: " I'm a Better Mother When Stoned ," by LJ Wilson (pseudonym) currently up at Babble (along with caveat that Babble doesn't endorse alcohol or illegal drug use while parenting). The only problem is I'm afraid I might end up nodding along with her as she rasps out a smug and self-righteous snarky comment that slams all parents who toke a dubie while parenting. Wilson writes I've been a weekend pot smoker since I was about eighteen. As a new mother, I continued the indulgence, but only when I was out and my son had a babysitter. I swore I'd never be stoned around my kid. And that plan worked for two and a half years, right up until one morning when my toddler waged a concerted campaign to fray each of my nerves. Wow. My first moment of disbelief was that it took two and a half years for her child to fray her nerves . That's some laid back well-behaved kid! Or some laid ...

It's cancer

Adenocarcinoma. This is a common form of colorectal cancer. From About.com Definition of Adenocarcinoma Let's break it down. "Adeno-" is a prefix that means "gland." In general, glands secrete things and are classified as endocrine or exocrine. Endocrine glands secrete things into the bloodstream, like hormones. Exocrine glands secrete things that go outside of the body, like mucus and sweat. A carcinoma is a malignant tumor that starts in epithelial tissue. Put the two words together and you get "adenocarcinoma," which means a malignant tumor in epithelial tissue, specifically in a gland. Cause of Adenocarcinoma Virtually all adenocarcinomas develop from adenomas. In general, the bigger the adenoma, the more likely it is to become cancerous. For example, polyps larger than two centimeters (about the diameter of a nickel) have a 30-50 percent chance of being cancerous. You can learn more about polyp size and colon cancer risk by viewing the Polyp Size...