Skip to main content

Hump Day Hmm Host Post 8-1-01

Thanks to the participants of the Hump Day Hmm topic, "Too Much of a Good Thing."

And now for your reading pleasure...the many and wonderful posts:

Emily at Wheels on the Bus wrote G.H.

I wrote Too much of a good thing and the human body: Hump Day Hmm 8-1-07 (or just scroll down a bit)

Snoskred of Life in the country wrote The Hump Day Hmmm - My own personal temptation island.

Liv wrote Too much of good thing? Which thing?

Mary-LUE wrote Too Much of a Good Thing: A Hump Day Hmm-er PSA

Atypical wrote too much is not enough

Sephy wrote How much is too much?



copyright 2007 Julie Pippert

Comments

flutter said…
I love your post on this, Julie. I wish I had something more eloquent to say
Anonymous said…
I'll have to investigate further!
Cheers
thailandchani said…
All of these posts are very good. I also find myself simply without any thought on this.. or I should say.. not enough for a post. It would all come down to this: balance.

I'm blocked from there. LOL
Lawyer Mama said…
Great round up this week!
Girlplustwo said…
i keep kicking myself for not getting my act together to join you on this.
atypical said…
I've now hummed

http://atypicalbrat.blogspot.com/2007/08/too-much-is-not-enough.html

-t (the computer illiterate)

Popular posts from this blog

Restaurant Trauma in Texas: How eating out prompted a really uncomfortable lesson about culture

WARNING: This is NOT a family-friendly post, aka the warning I WISH I'd gotten yesterday before I walked in. Yesterday was a Holiday. I hope you heard the scare quotes around that. Yeah, when you are an adult here is how holidays work: you, same workload as always, kids WOO HOO NO SCHOOL FREEDOM. Do the equation. The result is the day I had yesterday. If math isn't your strong suit I'm pretty sure you can still add that up but just in case let's say the highlight of the afternoon included me dumping out the mismatched sock basket and telling the children to have at it, in a way very reminiscent of Miss Hannigan of Annie . Anyway luckily I've taught my kids that Chores are Fun! and they had a good time. Later, I cranked up the fun-o-meter on a bank errand by dropping in the Halloween store to check out costumes, and upped the ante on "Mom needs new running shoes" by tacking on a "Hey let's eat out at a restaurant!" My husband was able to join ...

First it was cocktails and now it's marijuana?

Oh wouldn't Meredith Vieira love to get her graspy judgmental paws on this one: " I'm a Better Mother When Stoned ," by LJ Wilson (pseudonym) currently up at Babble (along with caveat that Babble doesn't endorse alcohol or illegal drug use while parenting). The only problem is I'm afraid I might end up nodding along with her as she rasps out a smug and self-righteous snarky comment that slams all parents who toke a dubie while parenting. Wilson writes I've been a weekend pot smoker since I was about eighteen. As a new mother, I continued the indulgence, but only when I was out and my son had a babysitter. I swore I'd never be stoned around my kid. And that plan worked for two and a half years, right up until one morning when my toddler waged a concerted campaign to fray each of my nerves. Wow. My first moment of disbelief was that it took two and a half years for her child to fray her nerves . That's some laid back well-behaved kid! Or some laid ...

It's cancer

Adenocarcinoma. This is a common form of colorectal cancer. From About.com Definition of Adenocarcinoma Let's break it down. "Adeno-" is a prefix that means "gland." In general, glands secrete things and are classified as endocrine or exocrine. Endocrine glands secrete things into the bloodstream, like hormones. Exocrine glands secrete things that go outside of the body, like mucus and sweat. A carcinoma is a malignant tumor that starts in epithelial tissue. Put the two words together and you get "adenocarcinoma," which means a malignant tumor in epithelial tissue, specifically in a gland. Cause of Adenocarcinoma Virtually all adenocarcinomas develop from adenomas. In general, the bigger the adenoma, the more likely it is to become cancerous. For example, polyps larger than two centimeters (about the diameter of a nickel) have a 30-50 percent chance of being cancerous. You can learn more about polyp size and colon cancer risk by viewing the Polyp Size...